Through a partnership with the Sexuality Education Resource Centre and Klinic Community Health, we are pleased to offer a free workshop: Creating a Culture of Consent in the Workplace.
Workplace sexual harassment is a harmful pattern of behaviour that negatively impacts individual staff as well as larger workplace units and teams. This workshop is ideal for all sectors and will include topics such as sexual harassment and disclosures in the workplace, developing a language of consent and respect in the workplace, and bystander skills for intervention.
Workplace Sexual Harassment: Building Awareness and a Culture of Consent at Work
May 10, 2023, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Location: 167 Sherbrook Street
Everyone deserves to be safe at work. Our project, Consent at Work, has collaborated with the Community Legal Education Association to bring you a cost-free, full-day workshop jam-packed with information and tools to address workplace sexual harassment in Manitoba. With the combined perspectives of community health and legal education, we work through important questions like:
- What is workplace sexual harassment and how prevalent is it in today’s climate?
- How can I contribute to a workplace culture where sexual harassment is not tolerated?
- What is consent and how can it be centred in building safer, more respectful workplaces?
- What are the rights of employees and the responsibilities of employers defined by employment law in Manitoba?
- What support and resources are available to those who have experienced workplace sexual harassment?
To enhance the richness and dimension of these critical conversations, participants from any industry or position at their workplace are invited to this participatory session. Breaks and snacks will be provided and 12pm – 1 pm will be allocated for lunch (not provided). To learn more about the projects bringing you this session, visit consentatwork.ca and communitylegal.mb.ca/programs/workplace-sexual-harassment-project/
For questions, please email Richard McCrae
To book a private workshop, please click here.
For more information, please e-mail Richard McCrae